The Pamir Alpine Club was founded to gather a nexus of individuals focused on promoting climbing in the Pamirs with the long-term goal of developing a sustainable climbing-related tourism industry in the Pamirs. PAC current activities include:
- Developing the capacity of local guides for trekking and supporting mountaineering expeditions
- Teaching basic climbing skills to local Pamiri guides with the aim of gradually increasing their capacity to one day lead climbing and mountaineering trips
- Developing safe and accessible rock climbing routes to attract international climbers
- Creating informational resources about climbing in the Pamirs
- Connecting international climbers with local guides and homestays
PAC members include a handful of dedicated Pamiri guides, tourism professionals and students (from the University of Central Asia), as well as a few expats who fell in love with the mountains and culture of the Pamirs.
The PAC is non-exclusive—anyone can join!